What if my lot is not draining properly?
All residential lots receive a grading certificate showing positive drainage that is signed and stamped by a professional land surveyor or a professional registered engineer. Your builder should provide you with a copy of this document. Commonly, drainage problems occur as the result of changes in the grading when resident's create or change landscaping. Please take into consideration the drainage patterns in your yard when you are landscaping. If changes you make to the drainage of your yard adversely affect another's yard, you are liable. If this is not the case, it is an issue that you need to address with your home builder.

Additional information is available from the Department of Engineering.

Show All Answers

1. Do I live in Parker?
2. How Can I Get Involved?
3. How can I find out what is happening on a particular piece of property?
4. What do I need to do to develop my property?
5. What if my lot is not draining properly?
6. What is the legal description and/or zoning of a property?