Holidays Home Decorating Contest
Wednesday, Dec. 13 through Wednesday, Dec. 20, 2023
Click Here to submit an entry through 10 a.m. Dec. 12
'Tis the season to spread some holiday cheer! The Parker Holidays Home Decorating Contest, formerly the Porch Parade Series, returns to light up the Town this December. The community is invited to celebrate with the Town of Parker and activity sponsor Rocky Mountain Real Estate Advisors by decorating your home for the holidays season. Unleash your creativity, bring some seasonal joy to your friends and neighbors, and enter to be named one of the best decorated homes in Parker!
Participants, which must have a Parker mailing address in the 80134 or 80138 ZIP codes, will be able to enter one of three judged categories:
• Light Up The Town – Best lights or light show
• Deck The Yard – Best yard display
• Best Decorated Porch, Patio or Balcony – A great option for townhome and apartment residents.
All entries will also compete in the following contests:
• Elected Choice Award – Mayor and Town Council Favorite
• People’s Choice Award – Community Favorite as Voted on the Town Facebook Page (@TownOfParkerCO)
Entries will be accepted online from Friday, Dec. 1 to 10 a.m. Tuesday, Dec. 12. Judging and voting will take place Dec. 13 to 18. Once the entry deadline has closed, the Town will share a virtual map of all registered homes, so the community can plan a walk or drive around Parker to see the decorations and share in the celebration.
The top three homes in the three judged categories, plus the Elected Choice and People’s Choice awards will be announced on the Town’s Facebook page Wednesday, Dec. 20, with each first-place winner receiving a commemorative yard sign.
Contest Details and Rules
1. Contestants must have a Parker mailing address in the 80134 or 80138 ZIP codes and submit an online entry form and a picture by 10 a.m. Tuesday, Dec. 12.
2. Contest is for residential properties only (businesses that wish to join in on the fun, please contact Community Events Manager Brooke Spain for sponsorship opportunities).
3. Contestants will pick one themed category to be judged in (1 winner per category).
- Light Up The Town – Best lights or light show
- Deck The Yard – Best yard display
- Best Decorated Porch, Patio or Balcony – A great option for townhome and apartment residents.
4. Contestants must have decorations up and ready by Wednesday, Dec. 13, and keep them up through Monday, Dec. 25, 2023.
5. All entries will also be entered into the following contests:
- The Elected Choice Award – Mayor and Town Council Favorite
- The People’s Choice Award– Community Social Media Favorite
6. Contestants are required to follow all Town of Parker Municipal Code, HOA, apartment or Townhome rules and regulations with your decorations.
7. Hanging lights and/or decorations across a public roadway or putting any decorations in the public right-of-way is not allowed.
8. Themed category on-site judging will begin Wednesday, Dec. 13 and will run through Monday night, Dec. 18.
9. Onsite themed category judging will be based on “curb appeal” as viewed from the street only. Therefore, only those decorations located on the street side of the property will be judged (corner lots will be judged from the front of the house view). Judges will not enter the property to view back or side yards. Each registered home will receive a small participation gift that will be left at the front door following judging.
10. The People’s Choice voting will begin Wednesday, Dec. 13 via electronic entry photos only on the Town's Facebook page and will conclude at 10 a.m. Tuesday, Dec. 19.
11. The Elected Choice voting will be based on the electronic entry photos submitted.
12. Participants agree to have one or more photos and/or videos of their decorated residence exterior posted on the Town of Parker’s website and/or Facebook page as well as used in future promotional publications. Winners will also be recognized, with photos, in a social media post on the Town’s Facebook page. Participant agrees there will be no compensation of any kind for said posting or publication.
13. Judging criteria will include:
- Overall Presentation: Curb appeal and total quality of the display (50%)
- Creativity: How creative is the entry in using the decorations, props, lights, etc.? (25%)
- Originality: How unique is the design? (25%)
14. The winners of the three judged categories, Elected Choice and People’s Choice awards will be notified, by phone and email, Tuesday, Dec. 19 close of business. First-place winners will receive a commemorative winner yard sign. Signs must be picked up from Parker Town Hall.
15. The top three participants in each contest category will be announced and recognized on the Town's Facebook page on Wednesday, Dec. 20.
16. A contestant is eligible to win up to three times: one individual themed category, the Elected Choice and the People’s Choice awards.
Release of Liability
By agreeing to participate in the Contest, Contestants acknowledge that there is a risk that judges or community members may enter onto the Contestant’s property and inadvertently cause damage to the such property. The Contestant agrees to indemnify and hold the Town of Parker, its officers, agents, consultants, and representatives harmless from any loss, damage, or injury which may result from the Contestant’s participation in the Contest. This release of liability and indemnity applies equally to losses, damages, or injuries caused or alleged to be caused in whole or in part by the negligence of the Town, its employees, agents, or volunteers. The Contestant further agrees to release, waive, and discharge, and covenant not to sue the Town, its officials, employees, agents, or volunteers for any claims, demands, or actions whatsoever arising out of any damage, loss, or injury to the Contestant or their property that may result from participation in the Contest.