Mayor’s Holiday Lighting Presented by RMREA
O'Brien Park | Nov. 24, 2023
O’Brien Park comes alive for the holidays! Join the Town of Parker for an enchanted evening in O’Brien Park at 5:30 p.m. Gather around the Town Tree and join the Mayor and the Parker Chorale in a Sing-Along to Silent Night to kick off the event. Following Silent Night, the Mayor and Town Council will count down to the Town Tree and Grand Park Lighting. You will love the look and feel as our Town Tree lights up and the park sparkles in white elegance!
Once the park is lit up, it’s time for the fun to begin! Follow the path and take in the sights of the "cool" holiday ice sculpture displays. You may even spot an Elf in a tree or run into some holiday characters all of whom will have a story to tell or an activity to show you. Listen to the holiday sounds while enjoying tasty food from the various food vendors.
Stage Entertainment Lineup
- 5:30 p.m. | Winter Wizard has Magical Toys come to life
- 5:35 p.m. | Welcome. Parker Chorale opens the evening with Silent Night. Following Silent Night, the Mayor and Town Council will count down to the Town Tree and Grand Park Lighting
- 5:45 to 5:55 p.m. | Parker Chorale sings more songs
- 6:00 to 6:15 p.m. | Colorado School of Dance – Nutcracker
- 6:20 to 6:30 p.m. | Chaparral High School Choir
- 6:35 to 6:45 p.m. | Lutheran High School Choir
- 6:50 to 7 p.m. | Legend High School Choir
- 7 p.m. | Closing remarks and drawing for a Big Screen TV
- Holiday ice sculpture displays stationed throughout the park
- Holiday walk-around entertainment featuring magical toys and a Winter Wizard, all of whom have a story to tell or an activity to show you.
- Santa and Mrs. Claus will also be in Town for the evening!
- Returning this year....the community has the chance to decide what our amazing ice sculpture vendor will create during his live ice carving demonstration! Keep an eye on the Town's Facebook page (@TownofParkerCO) to vote for your favorite and then come to the event to see if your favorite won!
- Archies Dog House
- Comforts of Home
- High Country Corn
- What Would Cheesus Do
- Cyndy’s Food-Lish-Us
- Travelin’ Tom's Coffee
West Victorian Drive and the O'Brien Park parking lot will be unavailable for event parking and Victorian Drive from Longs Way to Mainstreet will be closed from 3:30 p.m. through 8 p.m. Event attendees can seek other public parking opportunities throughout the Downtown area.
Public parking is just a short walking distance from the park. Parking at Parker Town Hall, PACE Center, Discovery Park or the Schoolhouse parking lot is a great way to stroll through Downtown on your way to and from the event. Or, you can park west of Parker Road and walk through Kieffer's Crossing, an underground tunnel that helps pedestrians avoid crossing South Parker Road. The tunnel is between Taco Bell/Long John Silver's and Colorado State Bank and Trust.
For weather updates and announcements, please refer to the Town of Parker's Facebook and Twitter accounts (@TownofParkerCO).